Follow these links to see a full discussion of these typical textbook questions. We will be periodically update this criminology guide with answers and discussions of popular questions.
- Define recidivism and explain its role in the criminal justice system.
- Specific deterrence seeks to reduce the likelihood of recidivism by convicted offenders.
- The rate of recidivism is an indication of whether or not corrections is working. True or False?
- Federal prisons have a lower recidivism rate than state prisons. True or False?
- Labeling theorists would explain recidivism among those released from prison as what?